General Accounting Specialist
Cracow, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
You will be a vital member of the finance team within the Global Business Services (GBS) organization, in largest center located in Krakow. You will provide key support to the business, ensuring the accurate tracking and processing of all transactions. To strengthen our General Accounting team, we are looking for a reliable Specialist who can deliver tasks independently. Seize this unique opportunity to take an active part in shaping our new GBS center and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
- You perform General Accounting activities, complete specific month and close tasks, clear errors, execute accounting analyses and reports as assigned
- You ensure the production of reports (e.g. Balance Sheet, P&L, Cash Flow, statement of accounts, reconciliations, statements of sourcing and application of funds)
- You apply accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions to solve unusual issues
- You participate in internal control testing and prepare relevant documentation
- You assist in developing and implementing processes and procedures
- You participate in global projects where process improvement will be an asset
- You support the management with financial aspects of project funding and risk assessment
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business
- Minimum 2 years of experience in General Accounting (General Ledger/Financial Reporting/Fixed Assets)
- Demonstrate understanding of GL, financial accounting, reporting, controlling, internal control or investment are a strong plus
- Practical knowledge of ERP system (Oracle, SAP)
- Good user knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel skills (functions, pivot table)
- Proficient in business English
- Process orientation and attention on details
- Very good organization and coordination skills
- Ability to work in team with deadlines and stress situations
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Your benefits :
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next General Accounting Specialist.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: