Power Grids – Internship – User Experience Designer
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business is the world's leading supplier of power and automation products, systems and service solutions for the entire value chain from power generation to the transmission and distribution of electricity.
As a User Experience Design Intern you will be a part of newly built UX Team stream in the PGIS Information Systems domain. In this role you will have the influence and chance to collaborate with different internal and external stakeholders, and gain practical knowledge in the area of research, workshop facilitation, and design.
- Interview with stakeholders in order to understand business and end-users needs
- Preparing and executing user research
- Prototyping solutions shaping user experience of our products
- Conducting workshops together with other UX team members
- Designing websites, mobile and desktop applications
- Learning about quantitative and qualitative methods of research
- Learning design & prototyping tools
- Collaborating on UX guidelines, templates, and UX best practices
- You are a university student (preferably 3rd or 4th year in the field of Psychology, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field)
- You are proficient in English (at least B2)
- You have very good interpersonal skills
- You have good analytical skills, attention to details and good problem solving skill
- You are flexible and self-learning
- Knowledge about design, web design, Material Design would be a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe XD, Sketch, or Axure would be an additional plus
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
- Experience working at a global company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Gain valuable knowledge and hands-on experience in wide scope of User Experience tasks
- Receive attractive remuneration
- Possibility to continue collaboration and internship after first 3 months with flexible working hours adjusted to your university hours
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to team building activities
Important, please include in your CV a link to your UX portfolio or attach maximum 3 examples of UX projects to PDF document together with your CV with the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.