General Accounting Team Leader
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
You will be a vital member of the finance team within the Global Business Services (GBS) organization, in largest center located in Krakow. You will provide key support to the business, ensuring the accurate tracking and processing of all transactions. To strengthen our Finance team, we are looking for a General Accounting Team Leader with strong working experience in leadership and General Accounting process. Seize this unique opportunity to take an active part in shaping our new GBS center and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
- You manage team with focus on effective operational execution, responsible for the short to midterm operational and tactical team activities
- You support overall financial statement preparation by leading a team that executes accurate and timely completion of accounting activities in compliance with internal guidelines and procedures and external regulatory requirements
- You ensure timely and accurate production of reports and oversees the month end close process for the accounting center including statement of accounts, reconciliations, statements of sourcing, preparation of monthly balance sheet and application of funds
- You perform General Accounting activities, applying techniques and standards to solve unusual issues and serves as escalation point for complex accounting transactions
- You support management with financial aspects of project funding and risk assessment
- You ensure Key Performance Indicators are met with the pre-defined objectives and define tasks to ensure delivery of services to assigned business partners in accordance with Service Level Agreements
- You act as the point of contact for external, internal and SOX audits and lead the internal control over Financial Reporting compliance and reporting for General Accounting testing
- You identify, recommend and assist in implementation of best practices to gain efficiency and drive productivity gains across the region/global
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Finance function and at least 3 years in a role relevant to General Accounting (General Ledger or Financial Reporting) and 2 years in managing a team directly
- Experience in Finance Shared Services for a Global Company a strong plus
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting, Charted Accountant qualifications a strong plus
- Demonstrate proficiency in the domain of General Accounting and thorough understanding of GL, financial accounting and reporting
- Excellent user knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel skills and ERP experience as a must
- Proficient in business English
- Excellent communication skills as well as team handling and delegations skills
- Collaborative and conflict resolving approach to stakeholder management
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, handle different initiatives concurrently, create learning atmosphere among team members and leverage networks within the organization
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Your benefits :
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next General Accounting Team Leader.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: