IS Functional Analyst
Cracow, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Electrification (EL) Business Area is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
If you are looking for big, global challenges, Information Systems (IS) is the place to be. ABB's portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. If you have the energy, discipline and intellectual firepower to succeed, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with people all over the world.
The main purpose of a Functional Analyst role is to elicit, analyze, document and support the implementation of Business requirements. An efficient FA is required to be able to build and sustain good working relationships with the project stakeholders by recognizing, categorizing, and updating a stakeholder register, facilitating meetings and efficient information exchange. Functional Analyst is expected to act as a liaison between the business (stakeholders) and the IT project team, helping the business representatives to understand and well phrase their actual needs while supporting the delivery project team in recognizing those needs and implanting them as IT solutions.
- Gathering, analyzing and documenting requirements from different levels of stakeholders.
- Reviewing and identifying issues and opportunities in business processes.
- Documenting detailed functional and non-functional requirements.
- Cooperating with development team and architect.
- Preparing test cases to cover all software functionality (optional).
- Validating and verifying developed solution.
- Conducting acceptance tests with stakeholders.
- Managing requirements changes.
- Communicating at various levels of an organization and in different localizations.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Master’s degree in computer science, Communication, Economics or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of functional analyst experience.
- Minimum 6 years of experience with the software development lifecycle.
- Practical experience in requirements analysis, management and change management.
- Scrum or general Agile knowledge and working experience as a plus.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build good relationships and find consensus when needed.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to run several processes simultaneously.
- Fluency in English is essential.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (preferably in English). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Global Talent Team, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together.
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.