Research Scientist – Electronics Engineer
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention on our way to running the world without consuming the earth.
ABB's Electrification business has always been at the forefront of innovative electrification and today is writing the future of safe, smart and sustainable electrification.
You will contribute significantly to successful results in development of Electrification solutions for customers around the world. As a part of our research organization you will utilize your knowledge and skills to support multidisciplinary international teams in the development of new technologies for products that stay ahead of time.
About ABB Electrification: https://bit.ly/2ITfAL4
- Research through experimentation and innovation. In this position you will conduct hands on research in area of electronics and sensing.
- Actively participate in new R&D efforts from requirements to concepts, design, prototyping in-house test, field test and release to manufacturing.
- Cooperation with international teams on development of new technologies for ABB electrification products including switchgears, apparatus, EV chargers and others.
- Drive circuit and hardware design phases including architecture and design, component selection, schematic entry, board bring-up and integration of complex printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA) into sensors, actuators and imaging systems.
- Design schematics and layout for PCB, perform necessary simulation
- Develop microcontroller based circuits and perform embedded software programming (knowledge of architecture of Cortex-M and AVR microcontrollers)
- Develop & test firmware in embedded environments.
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams including physics, mechanical design, software and system engineering.
- Lead relevant design and development tasks; provide technical leadership; coordinate with other resources and create high quality products within the defined schedules and budgets.
- PhD or MSc degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering or related.
- Strong experience as an Electronics Engineer designing analog and digital circuitry on complex printed circuit board assemblies (e.g. microprocessors, analog sensors, high-speed data acquisition systems).
- Expertise in design and tools for schematic capture and board layout and simulation (Altium preferred).
- Understanding electronics assembly process.
- Extensive embedded software experience (C / C++).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Lab experience: tests, measurements and experimental works.
- Self-motivation and independence at work.
- Although not a requirement, experience with signal processing and/or image signal processing is an asset.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together
• An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies.
• Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas.
• Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market.
• Attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills.
• Good working environment.
To apply for the position, please send your application via our page.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.