Security Operations Center (SOC) – Threat Intelligence Senior Specialist
Cracow, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization, with ABB’s employee base of more than 147,000 people. To support our continuous growth and ensure adequate protection of ABB information against evolving threats, we are expanding our global Information Systems (IS) Risk & Security organization. We secure tomorrow’s Internet of Things and Connected Objects world!
Are you a seasoned IT professional with experience in information security and risk, eager to grow in a fast-paced, diverse and ever-changing environment? Do you welcome complex problems and ambiguous situations as an opportunity to develop? Then seize this unique opportunity, get exposed to the latest trends and challenges in IS security by joining our team of experts delivering proven risk & security services for our business, customers and regulators.
We are looking for candidates for the position of a Threat Intelligence Senior Specialist to support us with monitoring ABB environment, protecting ABB information assets and responding to potential threats.
You will be part of ABB Security Operations Center (SOC) reporting functionally to Service Manager for Threat Detection & Engineering.
- Overseeing and coordinating cyber intelligence operations including intelligence collection (especially indicators of compromise/IOCs), tracking threat actors, identifying and tracking malicious assets and infrastructure
- Coordinating threat hunting activities across the network leveraging intelligence from multiple internal and external sources, as well as cutting-edge security technologies
- Participating in security monitoring related projects outside SOC or leading new implementations projects.
- Recommending overall security technology strategy, threat landscape, attack surface and threat intelligence information
- Identifying and tracking malware beaconing outbound to its command and control (C2) channel via memory forensics, registry analysis, and network connection residue.
- Support prototyping and continuous development/integration of tools to store, exchange, and analyze threat and incident data
- Maintaining an always up-to-date picture about ongoing security events, threats and potential attacks on ABB IS environment.
- You have:
- Graduate level with Information Technology or Information Systems focus
- 3+ years of practical experience in Cyber Threat Intelligence and /OR Threat Management
- Track record of designing, drafting, and publishing high-quality technical and business-level reports, studies, whitepapers
- Strong leadership and project management abilities
- Fluent English language skills (spoken and written)
- Relevant Technical Security Certifications (GCIH, GCFA, CEH, OSCP, OSCE etc.) is a plus
- You are:
- Familiar with latest security vulnerabilities, advisories, incidents, penetration techniques, attack vectors, and countermeasures
- Able to quickly develop effective solutions to unique problems using a combination of existing tools and custom code/scripts
- Proactive and motivated by technical challenges, with a strong desire to deliver quality products on time
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Join our department where we develop top talent and reward high performance. You will be part of a team operating in a fast and complex environment that provides solutions to customer and regulatory requirements. You will have a chance to grow by solving challenging problems and dealing with ambiguity. You will get exposed to the latest trends and developments in IS security. Help us transition into an organization tackling the evolving cyber threats to protect the ABB brand and its customers.
Apply now for this job and become our next Senior Specialist for Threat Intelligence.