Embedded C++ Software Developer
Cracow, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In the Marine Software Development Center in Krakow, we are actively maintaining and further building the portfolio of ABB Ability Marine Pilot family software for assistive and autonomous shipping functions. Our ABB Ability Marine Pilot Control product is a break-through product allowing for servo- and partly (assistive functions) or wholly autonomous control of vessels at non-zero speeds. Pilot Control integrates information about total ship motions with way-points, fairways and other navigational chart information, as well as with touch-screen and haptic joystick and thruster lever controls. It also continues to support the DP (dynamic positioning) mode like all similar solutions. Pilot Control brings innovative and intuitive user experiences and interfaces similar to mobile app or gaming use to shipping, by allowing touch-screen and haptic “fly by wire” navigation of ships and easy access to all necessary KPI via widgets and dashboards.
More about ABB Ability Marine Pilot Control:
In this role you will be maintaining, developing, and resolving the technical debt, as well as contributing to quality assurance and documentation of your work, in the middle-ware layer of this complex and hierarchical product. The middle-ware layer which you will work on sits between hard real-time industrial controllers tasked with the control of machinery and the ship itself, and the presentation / UX layer that is dependent on Unity and Qt technologies. You will work in an international environment consisting of colleagues in Oslo (NO), Helsinki (FI), Västerås (SE), and Baden (CH).
- Maintaining and developing C++ middle-ware functionality allowing inter-operability between industrial controllers and UX/HMI systems.
- Adhere to lean, clear, transparent, modular and scalable architecture and propose amendments and additions to it as your work progresses.
- Help senior colleagues establish, measure, and follow technical debt KPIs (e.g. use of various programming languages), and actively propose how and when to best resolve technical debt.
- Adhere to principles of clean and self-documenting code, document your code, and assist with quality assurance and verification & validation processes
- Working in an international, multi-cultural team, with the software architect, other software developers, as well as testers and subject matter (navigation, marine cybernetics) experts
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional experience in C++ development (preferably in embedded / low-level programming paradigms / code close to machinery / industrial code)
- Familiarity with the industrial protocol OPC UA; In-depth familiarity with other industrial protocols can substitute
- Further experience can substitute degree
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Your benefits :
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
ABB Data Privacy Statement: