Category Manager for Facilities (Europe, Middle East, Africa), Electrification
Cracow, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Electrification Procurement & Logistics is a key function that delivers value to ABB by leveraging market knowledge, subject matter expertise and business insights in the procurement of goods and services and the management of ABB Electrification’s third party spend. Through collaboration with our external suppliers and internal business partners, the Indirect Materials & Services team of the Electrification Procurement & Logistics organization helps writing the future of safe, smart and sustainable electrification.
In this role you will be responsible for developing the Category Strategies and executing a pipeline of high value strategic initiatives in Region EMEA. Based on your deep subject matter expertise in the area of Integrated Facility Management, Utilities, Facility Services (e.g. cleaning, canteen, security, janitorial), Real Estate CAPEX projects and overall workspace optimization you will be proactively identifying opportunities to deliver the overall Category performance and savings targets. The job role requires actively engaging and partnering with senior Business stakeholders, Real Estate, suppliers and Business Procurement/Finance.
- Being accountable for the creation and application of a Business-aligned long-term Category Strategy for EMEA and the development of an annual pipeline of strategic category initiatives.
- Working in close collaboration with Real Estate on the continuous improvement of our Integrated Facility Management program and the related RACI/business process to translate them into clear, practical guidance for key Procurement and functional colleagues in the EL sites and offices.
- Understanding business priorities and challenges and ensuring successful realization of the Category Strategy by building strong partnerships across geographically dispersed stakeholders and engaging with local Procurement. Also being able to act with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Overseeing the Utility Bill Management and energy hedging/advisory program in collaboration with our external partner ENELX.
- Ensuring a robust approach to supplier management, establishing value creation targets and reporting of supplier performance, developing innovation programs, managing supplier risks and conducting regular business reviews.
- Proactively driving/supporting demand management and footprint optimization programs to reduce our overall external spend with third parties and create a true EBITDA impact – e.g. in the area of IFM or working with the business and RE to optimize our office space.
- Proactively driving/supporting sustainability and carbon footprint optimization programs to reduce our overall CO2 emissions as ABB and create not only a positive impact to our global eco-system, but as well support the perception of ABB as a sustainable company by our customers, suppliers, employees, shareholders and other stakeholders.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University degree, with business or engineering degree preferable.
- 5+ years of in-depth strategic and/or operational procurement experience or equivalent extensive experience working in the category for which the role is intended to support.
- Excellent communication and project management skills with an ability to lead and coordinate cross-functional teams and deliver complex strategic initiatives, in a truly global, fluid, interactive environment.
- Proven financial and business acumen and capability in negotiation, change management and stakeholder management.
- Business level fluency in English.
- Strong result-orientation.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Corporate Talent Team, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.