Senior Qt Developer
Cracow, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In the Marine Software Development Center (MSDC) in Krakow, we are actively maintaining and further building the portfolio of navigation, watch-keeping, assistive and autonomous shipping functions that are executed from the ship’s bridge. In the future bridge concept, it is important to present clear, intuitive and unambiguous time-boxed, spatial, information synthesized from data coming in from a variety of sources – some associated with the process of electrical propulsion, other with proprioceptive and perceptive sensor data (compass, IMU, MRU, GNSS, radars, cameras etc.). For this approach to be applied across the industry, allowing for fulfilling customer values for bridge crews in different shipping segments (such as cruise or road ferries – very different segments), we need to rely on a strong, managed platform that is leveraged differently for different project deliveries. The Marine UI Platform consists of middle-ware functionality for easily and intuitively binding HMI elements and UX pipelines with disparate industrial and IoT single sources of truth for various process and navigation data; and of the frontend layer of presentation, interaction, and varying format screen real-estate management technologies built on top of the Qt stack. The concept is new and there is minimal to non-existent technical debt.
You will be developing code, as well as contributing to quality assurance and documentation of your work, in both the middle-ware and frontend layers of this platform-type product. You will work in an international environment consisting of colleagues in Oslo and Helsinki, with English as the everyday language of business and technical communication.
- Developing C++ and Qt middle-ware functionality allowing inter-operability between industrial controllers and UX/HMI systems whose front-end is built on Qt
- Developing user-facing configurators for binding and consolidating multiple IO (data) points, identified by unique addresses in the address space of various industrial buses (Modbus, Profibus, Profinet, IEC61850) towards abstractly named pipelines (“course”, “rate of turn”, “heading”, “sway” etc.)
- Developing user-facing configurators for building dash-boards and panels, and managing varying format screen real-estate for display of functional groups of HMI elements or groups associated with visualization and interaction with dedicated parts of the navigation, watch-keeping, assistive, or autonomous workflows characteristic of the day-to-day work of a typical commercial bridge crew (ship’s master/captain, officer of the watch, helmsman, navigator, etc.)
- Adhering to lean, clear, transparent, modular and scalable architecture and propose amendments and additions to it as your work progresses
- Adhering to principles of clean and self-documenting code, document your code, and assist with quality assurance and verification & validation processes
- Working in an international, multi-cultural team, with knowledge of marine business and a drive to quickly deliver solution for some of the world’s largest and most complex green ships
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional experience in C++ development out of which 2+ with Qt-based technology stacks, including knowledge of QML
- Familiarity with the industrial protocols such as OPC-UA, OPC-DA/AE, Modbus TCP is an advantage
- Above-average skill and expertise in alternative frontend development stacks can replace requirement for 2+ year experience with Qt stack
- Further experience can substitute degree
- Strong oral and written communication skills (B2 minimum) in English is mandatory
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: