C# Developer (MES)
Cracow, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB is a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform.
Our Process Automation product group develops market leading MES system, which ensures lean manufacturing processes in the production facilities of ABB and also external customers. As a member of the Operations team, you will participate in all phases of MES system implementation projects – analytics, architecture, requirements, development, implementation, testing and technical support. Real life production environment will provide you unique opportunity to extend your technical skills by practical using of various technologies and integration multiple industry devices. Multi-dimensional level of data analytics will challenge you to learn web technologies and integrate with Cloud-based solutions.
In this position, you will be providing high quality and innovative solutions to a wide range of challenging problems and contributing to the completion of specific design projects.
In this role you will be reporting to Project Manager.
Learn more about ABB MES here:
- Participate in Industry 4.0 concept implementation in manufacturing plants.
- Implement of industry machines and equipment integrations.
- Participate in full MES software development lifecycle - design, development, implementation, testing, support.
- Convert high level requirements to a detailed design considering best practices and the required functionality, performance, scalability, reliability etc.
- Perform complex expert diagnostics on MES infrastructure, software, interfaces.
- Analyze existing processes, identifies issues and propose solutions.
- Participate in code review process, share know-how with other team members.
- Communicate with customers during implementation and support phase of the project lifecycle.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- At least 1 year of professional experience as a Software Developer.
- Knowledge of Web Services integration (REST, WSDL/SOAP, XML, JSON), database engines (MSSQL), source control (TFS, Git).
- Ability to create a detailed design from high-level objectives/architectures; experience in code quality assurance (unit testing, static code analysis).
- Strong command of English and excellent communication skills.
- Although not a requirement, knowledge of any of the following will be beneficial: OPC (DA, HDA, UA) & COM; PLC/DCS , (UX) design/awareness.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
• Interesting work in a company focused on innovative solutions and modern technologies.
• Possibility of development and raising professional qualifications.
• Package of non-wage benefits.
• Nice atmosphere and partnership relations at work.
To apply for the position, please send your application via our web page.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: