- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
Join your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is world leader in Motion offering a wide range of products and services including drives, motors and generators. Key applications include energy conversion, actuation, automation, standardize manufacturing cells for application such as machine tending, welding, cutting, painting, finishing, palletizing, and packing and engineered system for automotive industry. ABB offers a comprehensive range of reliable and high efficiency motors and generators for all applications. Combining the best available materials with superior technology, the electric motors and generators are designed to operate reliably.
You will be working as a Service Engineer and will be a part of the Motion business for service business line based in Doha, Qatar. In this role you will be executing service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. Delivering quality customer service to satisfy customers. Co-operating closely with customer and other ABB teams, taking actions to identify new service business opportunities for ABB.
- Performing service tasks like installation and commissioning of equipment and routine maintenance independently, identifying technical problems and making analysis through remote or on-site activity in different service categories such as installation and commissioning, routine maintenance,extensions, replacements etc.
- Contributing to customer satisfaction by executing service work according to customer order and expectation. Maintaining a good relationship with
- customers. Identifying new sales opportunities and communicating them internally.
- Coordinating, preparing and ensuring that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for service activities.
- Preparing all documents and reporting to be signed by the customer representative. Reporting work done in a timely manner and following up when needed.
- Troubleshooting simple equipment failure and making recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future.
- Providing recommendations to management to improve operations and customer service.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in field service and testing of medium and high voltage motors
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills as well as decision making capability.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.