Senior Service Engineer
- Job type
- Medical insurance
- Retirement plan
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
You will be working as a Senior Service Engineer and will be the part of Industrial Automation Business Area for Energy Industries Division based in Doha, Qatar. In this role, you will be reporting to the Local Division Service Delivery Manager and will be responsible for executing medium to high complex service jobs and projects with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. Delivering excellent customer service to satisfy customers and proactively communicate with both customer and ABB sales teams to ensure customer needs are understood and business opportunities utilized for penetration and expansion.
- Service delivery: Performing medium to complex service tasks on 800x A plus Infi 90 System like installation, commissioning, maintenance, upgrades and retrofits, repair independently, identifying technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in different service categories for onshore and offshore sites (installation and commissioning, maintenance, extensions, replacements, upgrades and retrofit, end of life service, etc).
- Customer approach: Ensuring customer satisfaction by executing service work according to customer order and expectation. Creating and maintaining a good relationship with customers and understands their needs. Identifying new sales opportunities and taking initiative to convincing the client for completing the service portfolio.
- Materials and supply: Coordinating, preparing and ensuring that all materials, parts and equipment are available at the appropriate quality for service activities. Preparing standard lists for ease of work.
- Documentation and reports: Preparing all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reporting work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed.
- Troubleshooting: Identifying potential equipment failures and taking proactive corrective actions. Troubleshooting complex equipment failure and making recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future.
- Operational excellence: Identifying suggestions for product, quality and customer service improvement and discusses them with management for changes.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business and following all applicable legal, customer and ABB’s health, safety and environment requirements all the time.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Equivalent Engineering.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience is required out of that at least 4 years of experience is required as a field service engineer of 800xA based control systems preferably in Oil and Gas or Power and Water industry.
- Required hands on experience in 800xA based control system with ABB Infi90, AC800M, AC800M-HI, application development with standard /specific libraries - project and commissioning.
- Candidate should have experience in cyber security for 800x A based system.
- Candidate must have experience in industrial communication protocols like Modbus Profibus, OPC etc.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to independently draw conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.