Hardware Project Engineer, Riyadh
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
- Service Strategy - provides technical support by identifying technical problems and determining corrective actions in own area of expertise via remote or on-site service in any Service category (installation and commissioning; maintenance; repairs; engineering and consulting; advanced services; extensions, upgrades and retrofits; end of life services, replacements, etc.). Focuses on one ABB approach in delivering Service.
- Consulting - investigates customer needs through professional consulting. Provides technical consulting and specialist assistance on Service solutions to management and customers by giving relevant inputs on customer requirements and proposed service products/solutions.
- Innovation - determines effective Service applications, equipment and methods to
- develop, market or manufacture new Service offerings to respond to customer requirements cost effectively.
- Customer Approach - manages customer relationships and maintains regular contacts with
- key customers. Identifies new sales opportunities, proactively communicating both with the customer and ABB sales teams to ensure customer needs are met and business opportunities utilized for
- Service growth. Conducts specialist support and advisory service for Sales team. Ensures accurate communication and exchange of technical information to the customers to address their needs and reports and follows up customer feedback to achieve high level of customer satisfaction.
- Projects - coordinates and performs specialist Service projects in relevant areas internally and externally (e.g. milestones, project plan, cost
- supervision, action steps, project reviews, project supervision) including all commercials.
- Documentation and Reports - prepares all required technical documents and reports for project
- contracts to be signed by the customer representative. Reports work done in a timely manner and provides relevant technical supporting
- documents to the service execution teams and follows up when needed.
- Operational Excellence - participates in maintenance meetings and improvement activities to proactively provide suggestions for product and quality improvement and shares with ABB organization/management.
- Technical Resources Coordination - provides technical specialist support and coordination for the Service team. Plans activities, coordinates the work of internal and external technicians and assigns them specific tasks related to Service needs. Supervises project teams and contractors at work site and monitors performance.
- Health, Safety and Integrity - applies safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental
- responsibilities. Reports unsafe practices and incidents.
- Ideally, you'll hold an Engineering Degree, with the following background:
- +7 Year of experience in power and water automation system solution (Automation & Electrification)
- Very fluent English and has some experience with Arabic.
- Very Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, excellent skills in EXCEL.
- SAP is an advantage.
- Should have previous experience with automation systems as Advance Master & System 800xA or Electrification (Generation Protection, SWG, HSTS, Excitation .. etc)
- Previous experience in Power Generation & Water/Wastewater
- industrial sector (will be an advantage).
- Have experience in reviewing contracts, agreements (will be an advantage).
- Minimum experience is 4-years in the same career.
- Aware of all components used in this industry (e.g. DCS, PLC, RTU, SCADA, PMS, MCCB’s, Excitation, Contactors; intelligent relays….etc.)
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.