Senior Project Engineer
Ludvika, Dalarnas County, Sweden
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
You will be part of HVDC within the Power Grid division in Ludvika. The HVDC technology has been on the market for the past 60 years and is used to transmit power over long distances with minimal losses, using overhead lines, underground and submarine cable systems.
- At HVDC you will create a sustainable future. If you are ready to meet the technological challenges within control and protection systems – together with a team of driven junior engineers and senior experts representing about 43 nationalities – then you can expect an equally exciting and ever-changing time ahead of you.
- In this international setting you will:
- • Create concept design for our customized control and protection systems
- • Work with detailed design, system integration and test-based development
- • Perform verification of our control and protection schemes – executed in test rooms and on-site
- You will be leading a technical area and be part of a dedicated project team, in which we work together throughout all phases of our extensive projects. Moreover, you will be part of a technical expert team providing guidance to junior
- engineers in technical issues and drive technical discussions with customers.
- Collaboration is, in other words, a central part of your new position that will provide you with a great starting point in our organization with possibilities of further career opportunities. It will also give you the benefit to travel globally during the commissioning period at the end of each project.
- Your foundation is a university degree within a relevant technical area along with competence within system design or electrical expertise. Experience or a big interest in control and protection systems is a requirement. It is also an
- advantage if you have worked with commissioning of control and protection systems in the past or if you have experience with control and protection system of HVDC projects. Other valuable experience is earlier work with AC relays or digital protections.
- As our new colleague you need to master English and enjoy working in an international setting where you will get to exchange knowledge with people from all over the world. In addition, you have what it takes to plan and organize your
- own workday. For us, that means that you are a driven problem solver who eagerly takes initiatives and always delivers on time and according to expectations. Naturally, contributing to our continued development motivates you. In this position you are expected to be away abroad for periods of time.
More about us
Recruiting manager, Vasileios Sotiriou, +462 4068 7494, will answer you questions about the position. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Annika Lokrantz, +462 4078 3523, Mikael Hjort, +462 4078 2986; Ledarna:
Christer Fridlund, +462 4078 2912; Unionen: Göran Börjesson, +462 4078 3289; IF Metall, Ronnie Djupman, +462 4078 3631. Other questions can be directed to Recruitment Consultant Elias Ströberg, +462 4078 3445.
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.