HVDC Sales Manager
Stone, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Are you ready to take on a position where you will be responsible for some of the largest and most technology intensive projects within the ABB group? In your role as a Sales Manager you will work with HVDC projects with focus on the Northern European Market. In close collaboration with ABB account management, local sales teams and country representatives, you position ABB HVDC for future business opportunities. Seize the opportunity to take on a highly visible position providing you the chance to influence, develop and lead – at the very forefront of technology!
- Capturing and negotiating large HVDC contracts.
- Running of operational management and leadership of an allocated project team comprising of tender managers, engineers, lawyers, tax advisors, financing specialists and service experts.
- Selling EPC-projects to our customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability.
- Leading negotiations with the aim to close projects with the best possible conditions.
- Ensuring successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales technique and ones own experience.
- Developing and executing the bid strategy around the ABB offering considering all aspects of the project.
- Establishing and maintaining a positive and effective customer relationship with an understanding to customer needs.
- Promoting ABB’s full offering in the best way.
- Leading the preparation of offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department ensuring that ABB is delivering a cost-optimized, value focused tender to our end client in due time.
- This position can be located either in UK or Scandinavia. Regular travel is a requirement of the role.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A university degree in engineering, business administration or related disciplines.
- Several years of work experience in large project sales, preferably from working with EPC-projects.
- Experience from working with different cultures in order to have sensitivity on cultural behavior.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills as well as commercial experience.
- Ability to support, coach and motivate teams as well as the drive needed to reach results.
- Good at networking, being social and having a team builder personality.
- Competence in analyzing and managing complex business situations and customer needs.
- Fluency in English is a must, other languages would be of benefit.
- Travelling is a requirement, so a willingness to travel is needed.
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
At ABB Power Grids, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow professionally in a multi-national, multi-cultural organization which prides itself in its commitment to safety, to its people and to be on the leading edge of technologies that power the world sustainably – now and in the future. ABB Power Grids offers its employees a variety of development opportunities, both on-the-job and through in-house training programs.
Are you ready for a new exciting challenge? Does the above description sound like you? You are welcome to apply at abb.com/careers and search for job IDSE69089911. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until August 29, 2019, so don't delay – apply today!
A more detailed job description will be given in an interview. Questions about the recruitment process can be directed to Talent Partner Sofia Lindblom, +4624-078 46 23. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Annika Lokrantz +4624-078 35 23, Unionen: Göran Börjesson +46240-78 32 89, Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +4624-078 29 12.
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.