PGGI Location Controller Västerås
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
You will be part of the Power Grids division, which is the world's leading supplier of power and automation products, systems and service solutions for the entire value chain from power generation to the transmission and distribution of electricity. Our offer spans transformers, HV products, systems for power transmission and solutions and automation for integration and interconnecting power grids – to enable a stronger, smarter and greener grid.
The Power Grids Grid Integration (PGGI) business unit supplies stations, systems solutions and service for transmission and distribution facilities. Customers are power companies, industry and other companies that need to be connected to power networks. The market is driven by the need to create stable power networks and by environment reasons with the aim of increasing the use of renewable energy. Our environment offer also includes connecting ships to power networks to replace diesel operation in ports. We design and build indoor and outdoor stations that are both reliable and dependable.
- Leading and supervising all Power Grids Grid Integration (PGGI) Finance employees in Västerås in your area of responsibility including Business, Tender and Project Controlling.
- Facilitating Knowledge and Best Practice sharing within the Finance community and implementation of Controlling tools and processes in harmonized manner.
- Being responsible over Internal Control as first line of defense.
- Establishing and overseeing processes and tools across PGGI location necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information.
- Ensuring high quality of financial data and business information.
- Overseeing the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility.
- Being responsible over enforcement of Risk Management, executing risk review procedures and processes in line with global policies and standards.
- Ensuring Business Partners are allocated within Finance organization in order to serve Product Group (GPG) and leading, supporting and determining strategy for area of responsibility, aligning with wider strategy, implementing, and making adjustments in implementation as needed.
- Evaluating financial implications of various strategic decisions, builds scenarios and recommends actions.
- Providing monthly analysis of actual and forecast data for your business area of responsibility.
- Building forecast and budget financials for your business area of responsibility in coordination with Head of Project Controlling and responsibility for financial forecasting (timely update of ATLAS tool), annual budgeting (consolidation), accounting & reporting across all the units.
- Acting as business partner for one Local Product Group (LPG) within PGGI Västerås.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A higher education in economics, finance or similar.
- More than 10 years of business controlling experience.
- Expert knowledge of accounting and reporting.
- Leadership skills to manage different cultures.
- Good stakeholder management skills.
- Result and teamwork orientation.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
ABB’s success is supported by a culture which rewards innovation and encourages new and unique ideas. Located in over 100 countries, we are a truly global company, and pride ourselves in cultivating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
ABB is committed to providing our employees with equal opportunities to:
• Receive competitive packages, excellent development programs, and the ability to work on projects that are making a real difference to the world around us
• Work alongside, and learn from professionals at the forefront of their careers
• Challenge yourself, expand your horizons and grow in your professional career through on the job and external training
• Work in a flexible environment with Finance and Controlling communities
• Become part of a team which proactively supports diversity and inclusion, helping all employees to feel welcome and to prosper in their careers
• Find out more about why ABB is considered an employer of choice in many countries around the world.
Recruiting Manager: Andy Bennett, +44 17 85 82 50 38, will answer your questions on the position. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Lennart Molin, +46 730 71 81 22, Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +46 706 32 85 47, Unionen: Ingrid Nilsson, +46 703 34 00 83. Any other questions can be directed to the Talent Partner Helena Stefansdottir +46 768 30 97 48. We look forward to receiving your application the latest by September 9th, 2019!
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.