Trainee Program for Engineering Graduates, Västerås & Ludvika
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Are you ready to apply your theoretical knowledge from university to make a real difference in a global company? Do you want to learn about the traditional work of an engineer, but also how the future looks like? Do you exactly know your place, or do you want to explore different possibilities to find the perfect job? In either case, our Trainee Program for Engineering Graduates could be right for you. At ABB, graduate trainees can choose from various possibilities ranging from power to automation to R&D and sales. Join us at the forefront of innovation and face the challenge of enabling a stronger, smarter, greener power grid or being a part of the industrial digitalization. Our employees are of international diversity, filled with energy and ideas and eager to write the future, together!
- 3 assignments of your choice, 10 weeks each to explore different fields and to find the perfect job
- Direct transfer to permanent position after completion of the program
- 3-6 months international assignment in one of the more than 100 countries with ABB locations
- One full day a week spent with internal ABB visits, customers visits or trainings
- Broad network through regular dinners with top managers from ABB, conferences, study visits, various courses, different activities within the trainee community and other social events
- Experience the operations of an international company first hand and find your place in the organization during your individual 7-month program. Past assignments include project management, lean manufacturing, marketing and sales, supply chain and many more. After moving to the permanent position, you will spend 3-6 months at another ABB location abroad to gain international experience and extend your network.
- Develop your strengths with the help of regular feedback on your performance, relevant trainings, professional mentoring by experienced managers and support from the Trainee Program Team.
- Master in Engineering or related discipline (studies completed before the start of the program)
- Not more than one year of professional experience within your field of studies by the start date.
- Excellent knowledge in English, Swedish is meritorious.
- Permanent work permit to work in Sweden or EU/CH/NO citizenship. Student Visa or temporary work permit is not enough.
- Identification with our organizational values and culture
- Analytical and target-oriented thinking and acting
- Inquisitive, open-minded, and communicative team player with excellent ability to collaborate
- Strong self-initiative and self-awareness
- Highly adaptable and flexible to different styles, situations, and cultures
- Innovative and creative mindset
More about us
ABB offers you an interesting role within highly motivated teams, together with open communication structures. Based on a personal, practice-oriented introduction program as a Graduate Trainee, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as to be a constructive member of an inclusive team. After you have completed the Trainee Program, ABB will assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you enhance your skills continuously.
Did we spark your interest in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, grade transcripts and university diploma, copy of permanent Work permit if not a Swedish, EU, NO or CH citizen) via our online careers tool. These documents can be in Swedish or English. Note that applications lacking one or more of the required documents will not be considered.
Application will be open from the 28th of October and close the 1st of December. This opening is for the 7th September 2020 start date. You can find more information about our Trainee Program here: https://new.abb.com/se/en/careers/opportunities/graduates-and-entry-level-hires/abb-trainee-program-for-graduate-engineers.
For questions please contact our Trainee team via e-mail: SEfirstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, learn more about ABB and receive interesting updates on our work by connecting with us on Social Media.