HUB Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids division is the world's leading supplier of power and automation products, systems and service solutions for the entire value chain from power generation to the transmission and distribution of electricity. The offer spans transformers, high voltage products, systems for power transmission and solutions and automation for integration and interconnecting power grids – to enable a stronger, smarter and greener grid.
To establish and maintain a continuous improvement (CI) culture in ABB focusing on Customer & Quality by deploying a set of CI competencies, utilizing Lean Six Sigma (L6S) as the CI methodology, and creating transparency to monitor progress, within the area of responsibility; typically multiple locations within the Hub or GPG and/or Mastering multiple Black Belt Projects.
- Drive Customer focus and competitiveness by promoting improvement projects and quality culture within the HBL, defining and deploying a quality improvement plan aligned with the HBL and Q&CI strategy
- Lead the setup of the quality systems are in place and cover all regulatory, external (e.g. ISO, contractual, etc) and internal applicable requirements as well as its integration to PGGI Management System
- Lead the implementation of the HBL Quality and CI governance (Customer, NCR, Top quality Issues, etc.) including review and communication of key indicators to monitor product & project delivery, process efficiency and people performance at HBL level
- Lead data analysis to identify patterns or potential improvement opportunities
- Lead and ensure critical processes are lived-in, assessed and improved through quality assurance activities ensuring lessons learned implementation (e.g. standardised Project Quality Audit, maturity assessment, Kaizen, etc)
- Lead the implementation of a continuous improvement and return of experience/lessons learn processes
- Lead quality and CI community management within the HBL (within and beyond the quality function, competency and capability development)
- Ensure processes and process owners are identified and that the key processes and interfaces are optimized and harmonized when relevant
- Ensure the key quality processes and tools are implemented to record and manage non-conforming product and service (from tender to execution)
- Train, coach on quality and CI methodology and tools such problem resolution process (8D, DMAIC) and LEAN principles (Lean conversion through Lighthouses)
- More than 10 years of experience in an international project business.
- Deep domain knowledge and proven expertise in quality management and operation excellent.
- Clearly understand success factors, market requirements, threats and opportunities of supported business and markets.
- Able to effectively lead kaizen journey to support business needs. Effective communicator at various levels of the organization.
- Strong personal leadership.
- Strong track record in change management, driving quality and CIL behaviors in complex organizations.
- Fluent oral and written in English.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Questions can be directed to Talent Partner Angelica From +46 722-06 55 88. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Stefan Andersson +46 21-32 08 21, Unionen: Karin Ulvemark +46 21-32 81 42, Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +46 21-32 85 48.
Are you ready for a new exciting challenge? Does the above description sound like you? Welcome to apply before 11th of March! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so don’t delay – apply today!