ABB Sweden - General Accounting Manager
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to lead our General Accounting team. You will be a member of our Global Business Service organization and part of our Finance Front Office team located in Västerås. You will lead a team of 13 people that are responsible for Accounting, Reporting and Transactional Tax. The team is focused on the complete, accurate, and timely completion of accounting activities for all the ABB businesses in Sweden and Denmark. The team works closely together with the GBS colleges in Hub Estonia.
This is a job that includes responsibility, variation, a competent team and an exciting international workplace where sustainability, energy efficiency and digitalization are in focus. If you feel it might be for you, don´t hesitate to apply. The position will provide you great opportunities and interesting challenges to enhance your career.
- Leading a functional work team within General Accounting focused on the complete, accurate, and timely completion of accounting, reporting and transactional tax transactions. The countries in scope are Sweden and Denmark.
- Managing human resource planning, selection, development, periodic performance review of team members and creating a learning atmosphere among team members.
- Acting as the point of contact for external audits and lead the internal control over Financial Reporting compliance and reporting within own area of responsibility.
- Acting as the point of contact for process related escalations from the businesses that the GBS is supporting.
- Identifying, recommending and assisting in implementation of best practices to gain efficiency and drive productivity gains.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Bachelor or Master´s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in Finance function.
- You build your leadership on trust, collaboration and great communication. As a person you are highly self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability and enjoy the challenge to make your team thrive and deliver excellent results.
- Excellent communications skills as well as team handling and delegation skills.
- Collaborative and conflict resolving approach to stakeholder management.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, handle different initiatives concurrently.
- Fluency in Swedish and English.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruiting Manager Ingrid Wåhlberg +46 705 32 19 27 will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Mikael Blomqvist, +4621 34 21 48, Unionen: Krista Andersson, +4621 34 02 85. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner, Anna Nordlund, +46 761 42 01 39.
This role is varied, challenging and rewarding. Welcome to apply the latest by April 9, 2020. Please note that selection will be done on an ongoing basis and the position may be filled before last day of application. Apply today!