Intellectual Property (IP) Counsel – IP Operations Sweden
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
In this role, you will be responsible for translating and executing ABB’s regional and global IP strategy together with the local team effectively and efficiently leveraging resources, optimizing costs and delivering value. You will be providing IP services and support to assigned business and technology organizations to achieve all objectives through effective and efficient processes and policies, transparent cost accountability and relentless execution. You will be reporting to Head of IP Sweden.
- Locally ensuring best IP practices supporting ABB’s regional and global IP strategy, including the qualitative, quantitative, and timely contribution and relentless execution of related IP activities.
- Implementing the Group IP processes, performance and targets in accordance with Group IP alignment and strategy.
- Coordinating ABB’s and regionally defined targets into the local organization and align the local IP activities to coordinate with the Region IP and/or IP Business Counsel(s).
- Providing focused legal advice and guidance on technology, invention disclosures, patent portfolio management and innovation matters involving contracts, joint development agreements, non-disclosure agreements, strategic alliances, new product development, R&D, etc.
- Supporting cross-functional teams involving business deals, working with third parties, open innovation, joint ventures, M&A, competitive IP assessment, IP transactional needs, and matters involving licensing, monetization, litigation, and/or enforcement.
- Timely and completely providing IP leadership advice, reporting, transparency and insight into all activities, forecasts and budgets, and risk/success issues to the benefit of the global performance of ABB.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Legal degree with standing experience in (international) IPR law or work experience in the IP area of 8+ years, preferably European Patent Attorney (EQE) or experience to work as an in-house patent counsel.
- You must have demonstrated leadership skills, prior supervisory experience, budget management, cost-savings achievements, and change leadership mindset.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of ABB Business Lines, preferably in the area of Software, IoT, Digitalization or Automation, and proven experience in efficiently developing portfolios of value in same technical areas of a high quality, with an intent towards commercialization, licensing and monetization.
- Must be able to identify, lead, and support appropriate tasks, strategies and implementations in leveraging our IP Team’s efforts for competitive IP business advantage.
- Strong working knowledge of patent regulations of the region as well as foreign filing strategy and patent prosecution.
- Proven successes in communicating complex issues in an understandable manner with executives, business and technical leaders, and legal service providers.
- Excellent analytical skills; be a quick study of technology, and possess a diversity of technical expertise, including the ability to relate to general technologies with one or more areas of expertise.
- Fluency in English and Swedish.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
Let’s write the future. Together.
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time