Configuration Manager (Software and Hardware)
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The ABB Process Control Platform (PCP) organization is the value generating partner, creating digital control solutions for industries. We are managing the entire extended value chain from suppliers to the delivery, creating competitive advantage through improved customer satisfaction with optimized responsiveness, lead time, cost and on-time delivery.
We are currently looking for a Configuration Manager (Software and Hardware) to join our team. In this position you will provide support to the organization and create project branches in configuring and base-lining project items. If you have a positive and structured mindset and you are motivated to continuously find new ways to succeed, then this is a good openning for you. The role will offer you a great opportunity to develop both as a specialist as well as enchance your personal working career.
- Providing support to the organization and the projects in configuring and base-lining project items.
- Creating project branches according to branching strategy.
- Controlling and monitoring the versions and the changes applied to the different versions FW and HW versions.
- Responsibility for formal firmware and hardware releases, including release meetings and checking of related release criteria.
- Preparing general and project configuration documentation like CM plan, Baseline plan, Approved Version for test, Version specification, etc
- Assisting management, maintenance and automating of CM tools / FW Build Tools.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Ability to create new processes- set up new structures and work processes, is the key to succeed in this role.
- You have software skills and readiness to find new ways of working for hardware.
- You are curious, structured and result-oriented.
- You do not compromise on quality in performance of your duties.
- You are pedagogical, have the ability to build good relationships and are good at teaching and motivating others.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together
Recruiting Manager Anna Mihlzen, +46 21 32 53 81, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Johan Starner, +46 21 34 20 80, Unionen: Krista Andersson, +46 21 34 02 85, Ledarna: Leif Öhrberg, +46 21 34 23 25. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Therese Ideblad, +46 725 53 80 40.
This is a great opportunity to take a next step in your career. Apply today and help us change together the course of an entire industry. Please note that interviews will be held on an ongoing basis, last day to apply is however October 31, 2020.