Production Engineering Manager
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Robotics is a leading supplier of industrial robots and robot software, equipment and complete application solutions. We are a trusted partner who continues to redefine robotics automation, with a focus on collaborative solutions, which allow humans to work safely alongside robots without the need for barriers.
ABB Robotics in Västerås has produced Robot systems and additional products since 1974. We are now looking for a Production Engineering Manager to lead the Production Engineering Team and support Production Engineers in defining, preparing and executing their job with excellency.
- Reinforcing and maintaining a culture of health & safety in all production engineering related initiatives, continuously driving for health and safety improvements.
- Ensuring that production methods meet the quality requirements and continuously improve. Implementing innovative quality assurance methods in order to lift quality to next level.
- Ensuring that the production process aligns with targets both for internal and external developed processes. Ensuring the efficiency of all production processes in order to minimize cost and maximize quality.
- Developing and proposing the estimated budget of investments necessary for the development of new processes. Driving cost saving initiatives to ensure high productivity for production.
- Ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guiding, motivating and developing direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Preferably a MSc Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Experience as Manager for Production Engineering or equivalent management role.
- Extensive experience of working within Operations.
- Fluency in Swedish and very good in English.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruiting Manager Fredrik Berntsson, +4621 34 43 50, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Pia Hill, +4621 34 47 51; Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +4621 32 85 47; Unionen: Roger L. Gustavsson, +4621 32 90 97. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Marcus Thunberg, +46 722 05 08 92.
We look forward to receiving your application by September 18!