R&D PostDoc - Vision Based Robot Control & Intelligent Robotics
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
You will be part of the Robotics team at ABB Research in Västerås, Sweden. We focus on mechatronics concepts & design and robot intelligence in industrial as well as service robot segments. The research activities are usually formulated as technology pre-study and technology development. We work closely with ABB's robotics business at one side to ensure our research will bring unique value for ABB business. At another side, we have close collaboration with academic world to bridge the academic and industrial research.
In this team, one of our historical highlights is the creation and development of the dual arm YuMi robot concept and the mobile YuMi concept.
- Shaping a vision for tomorrow's ultra-flexible mobile robotic and manipulation systems with emphasis on autonomy and robustness in applications based on vision and other sensors.
- Working within the EU project 5GSmart https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://5gsmart.eu/__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!4prv-DDmcpcYzndVh5WgpkBBnwXYzcJ_lqaJwWWNcXQy9jRhdPY8iqMbNI2gTrLBbjI1o_Gt$ ).
- Developing and testing novel methods to control a small fleet of mobile robots exploiting modern communication technologies, such as 5G, as well as control approaches for vision-based navigation and mobile manipulation.
- A relevant research topic will be to implement new methodologies for on-the-flying picking of objects with a mobile manipulator using 5G to stream visual perception data.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- You hold a PhD degree in Robotics.
- Previous research experience in machine vision and robot control is a significant merit.
- Familiarity with coordinated control of small fleet of robots is an advantage.
- You enjoy driving specific activities to successful conclusion while following a visionary continuity in your work.
- You are capable of working both independently and in a team.
- You are fluent in English, written and spoken alike.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruiting Manager LiWei Qi, +4621 32 32 87, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Pia Hill, +4621 34 47 51; Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +4621 32 85 47; Unionen: Roger L. Gustavsson, +4621 32 90 97. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Marcus Thunberg, +46 722 05 08 92.
We look forward to receiving your application by October 7th!