Quality and OPEX Specialist – R&D
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Robotics develops, manufactures and markets robots and associated control systems, software, arc welding products, tracks and motor packages. A clear focus on automated solutions helps manufacturers improve productivity, product quality and safety in the work environment through automation. The robots and robotics are sold via local ABB companies, as well as via independent systems integrators and OEM companies.
The Quality Team in ABB Robotics is recognized as highly competent and loyal. We are represented within all areas of operations. Developing best solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your daily work and mind. As a Quality and Opex Specialist you will be playing an important role in the operational areas.
Are you ready to take the challenge and are a quality-oriented person, then you are most welcome to join our team!
- Develop, implement and maintain a quality culture in New Product Development (NPD) within ABB Robotics R&D department.
- Initiate, drive and improve DFMEAs in NPD.
- Coach and train R&D personnel in quality tools and culture.
- Perform internal auditing based on standards such as ISO 9001 and other applicable standards.
- Run Lean 6-Sigma Improvement projects.
- Act as gate assessor for NPD projects.
- Implement APQP way of working for processes.
- Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- MSc or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of working experience within R&D organizations with new product development.
- Quality experience as a Lean 6-Sigma BlackBelt. This can be trained during first year
- High level of analytic skills with a questioning and a go attitude.
- Technical interest and ability to solve complex problems independently.
- You are a team player with structured and result-oriented mindset.
- Speak and write Swedish and English.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruiting Manager, Karl Williams, +4621-32 91 21, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +4621-32 85 47, Sveriges Ingenjörer: Pia Hill, +4621-34 47 51, Unionen: Roger L. Gustavsson, +4621-329097. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner, Marcus Thunberg, +46 761 4201 39.
You are welcome to apply before October 5! Please note that selection is ongoing and the position may be filled before last day of application. Welcome with your application!