Functional Safety Engineer
Malmö, Skaane County, Sweden
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The ABB Process Control Platform (PCP) organization is the value generating partner, creating digital control solutions for industries. We are managing the entire extended value chain from suppliers to the delivery, creating competitive advantage through improved customer satisfaction with optimized responsiveness, lead time, cost and on-time delivery.
In the role of Functional Safety Engineer you will act as a functional safety expert and have the key responsibility in identifying safety-critical functions, design and review how the safety standards are implemented. You should have a positive and structured mindset and be motivated for driving for continuous improvement in safety standards. If you think this sounds like you, don´t hesitate to apply. The role will offer you great opportunity to develop both as a specialist as well as to gain exposure to our global organization.
- Playing a central role in safety in our organization.
- Acting as an expert in the prevailing safety standards and guiding how the standards are to be applied in the daily development processes.
- Participating in identifying safety-critical functions, designing these and reviewing how these are implemented, verified and validated.
- Empowering the safety team and colleagues to understand obligations, liability and how to fulfill their roles according to safety instructions and standards.
- Facilitating safety assessments, ensuring that processes and corrective actions are implemented and ensuring that appropriate safety equipment and tools are available and used.
- Closely interacting with external certification institute that provides the company certificates for new product releases.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor or Master of Science degree covering software development.
- Previous experience from embedded software development since you will participate in operational audit work of our development as well as take decisions based on technical aspects.
- Knowledge of development and certification of safety-rated embedded systems from e.g. process, aerospace or automotive industry. This means that you have working experience with different methods of risk analysis, e.g. FMEA, FMEDA and HAZOP, and are able to analyze and define safety levels of different components.
- Experience in the safety standard IEC61508, is a big advantage.
- You are structured, result-oriented, analytical and capable of working efficiently with parallel activities.
- You do not compromise on quality in performance of your duties.
- You have a strong sense of personal drive and the ability to make decisions.
- Fluency in English is a must and as the position is located in Malmö, knowledge in Swedish is preferred.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruiting Manager Christer Gerding, +46 730 88 90 80, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Kenneth Hultman, +46 40 35 00 95, Unionen: Mikael Hammar, +46 40 55 05 29. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Therese Ideblad, +46 725 53 80 40.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by October 31, 2020. Please note that the applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Apply today!