Multi-Physics Analysis Engineer
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
In the R&D and Simulations Group at ABB Metallurgy, existing calculation tools and newly developed multi-physics tools are employed frequently to address the benefits of using electromagnetic actuation in improving the customer processes within different steps of metal making, e.g. melting and casting. These models are continuously developed and used in actual customer projects to make sure sufficient performance is met, and that demands on process improvements can be guaranteed.
- Electromagnetic and temperature modelling and simulation.
- Designing and analysis of electromagnetic stirrers.
- Mathematical modelling of multi-physical processes as fluid flow and solidification can be a further development in your responsibilities.
- Continued development of calculation tools incl. programming and mathematical modelling.
- Development of algorithms in Matlab/Simulink.
- Supporting sales and customer in technical issues.
- Contributing to publications and participation in technical conferences.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Master of Science or PhD degree in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience in electromagnetic analysis and/or mathematical modelling.
- We use Dassault Opera for electromagnetic analysis, skills in Opera are meriting.
- Good knowledge and experience in Matlab / Simulink.
- Programming skills in e.g. C/C++, Python, Fortran or similar.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken alike, Swedish language skills are meriting.
- Analytical, careful and structured personality.
- A natural willingness and ability to cooperate with others in order to reach common goals.
- A creative and proactive approach to work with focus on deliver within deadlines and with a high level of quality.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruiting Manager Maria Widman, +4621 34 20 36, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Rose-Mary Olofsson, +4621 34 04 21; Ledarna: Leif Öhrberg, +4621 34 23 25; Unionen: Krista Andersson, +4621 34 02 85. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Therese Ideblad, +46 725 53 80 40.
We look forward to receiving your application!