Engineer to Mining Automation
Umeå, Vaesterbotten County, Sweden
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
As the mining industry is now preparing for the fourth industrial revolution, we at ABB have decided to do the same. At our Mining Automation department, we offer you a strongly developing position, where you get the opportunity to work with the latest technology and develop your knowledge. You will be an important part of our initiative to take our customer offering one step further and strengthen an already positive trend for ABB even more.
In this role, you will be reporting to Engineering Manager.
- Working in a business that is characterized by new solutions, expansion and bright future prospects.
- Being involved in creating a sustainable society with the help of the latest technology.
- Working both independently and in teams in small and large projects with both colleagues and customers.
- Performing assignments in industrial equipment in the mining industry.
- Participating in R&D projects for a Robotized Industrial future.
- Working closely with our customers and through partnerships and collaboration in automation and digitization, contributing to increased competitiveness.
- Our customers are in Sweden and in a global perspective, primarily in the mining industry, but assignments in other process and manufacturing industries occur.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- You have at least a high school or college degree combined with a genuine technical interest.
- A base in either Automation / Programming, Mechanical Design, Digital Architecture, Robotics Engineering or Project Management is needed.
- You are a driven person with good initiative and a strong will to learn new things and grow together with your colleagues.
- You are orderly and curious and easy to talk to customers.
- It is desirable that your life situation allows some flexibility, as the work can involve travel and overnight stays.
- Since you will work in a global company, you need to master Swedish and English in both speech and writing.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruiting Manager Marcus Kristofersson, +46 910 77 08 02, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Rose-Mary Olofsson, +4621 34 04 21; Ledarna: Leif Öhrberg, +4621 34 23 25; Unionen: Krista Andersson, +4621 34 02 85. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Therese Ideblad, +46 725 53 80 40.
Send in an application today and maybe you will be our new colleague at Mining Automation, one of the world's best mining automation teams .