Product Engineer for ABB Robotics
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Robotics develops, manufactures and markets robots and associated control systems, software, arc welding products, tracks and motor packages. A clear focus on automated solutions helps manufacturers improve productivity, product quality and safety in the work environment through automation. The robots and robotics are sold via local ABB companies, as well as via independent systems integrators and OEM companies.
As part of our team your main role will be to coordinate the product offering, create product ideas and verify that the product offers meet intended product requirement and option. The position will offer variation, a most competent team and an exciting international workplace. This is great possibility and chance for you to join a truly unique journey ahead.
- Assist Product Managers to deploy/create the product ideas into a product offering made available through sales channels.
- Coordinate the product offering and harmonize the definitions between different stakeholders and Product Managers.
- Document dependencies and configuration rules.
- Represent Product Management in development forums related to product configuration and validate the Sales tools before release.
- Represent Product Management in discussion with R&D related to defined products and options and verify that the product offer will meet intended product requirement and option.
- Support Product Management with sales statistics.
- Support Product Managers in technical communication related to changes in the product offering.
- Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- As a person you need to take full responsibility on the tasks given and be able to break them down and complete in timely manner.
- Good skills in our products and knowledge about the sales/development processes are appreciated.
- Holistic view on products and detailed tasks to be executed, curious in the broader picture of products, customer and usage of robots in automation.
- Good English skills in writing and speaking is a must in the global environment we are working in.
- The position requires the person to work from Västerås, Sweden.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruiting Manager, Antti Juho Henrik Matinlauri, +41 79 943 07 35, will answer your questions about the position upon need on the following times: Friday, October 16 at 12-13:00CET and Friday, October 23 at 12-13:00CET. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Nicolin Ahlqvist, +4621 34 42 50; Unionen: Roger L. Gustavsson, +4621 32 90 97; Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +4621 32 85 47. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Therese Ideblad, +46 725 53 80 40.
Are you ready for a new exciting challenge? Last day to apply is November 5, 2020. Please note that selection is ongoing and the position may be filled before last day of application. Welcome with your application!