Thesis Work for Supply Chain for Bought Stators: Evaluation and Simplification
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
- Diploma work
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Traction motors is a unit within ABB Motion, Motors and generators, located in Västerås, Sweden. We are a niche unit within the big company, designing and producing motors for rail application. We have a challenge and would like your contribution to solve it!
We buy our wound stators from different external companies inside and outside Europe. This involves a complex logistic chain, where ABB provides material as free-issue from and to various players. We want to evaluate what would be the best logistic and commercial set-up with the involved suppliers, considering cost, risk, taxes and sustainability factors. Your task would be to evaluate our current set-up and explore alternative scenarios and possible implications.
• January-June 2021
• 30 ECTS/Högskolepoäng
• 1-2 students
- Evaluation of current set-up of the stator external supply chain.
- Identification and evaluation of alternative set-ups.
- Recommendation of best set-up, considering total cost, risk, tax and sustainability.
- Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Student in master program in technical university
- Profile in logistics, material administration or similar.
- Industriell ekonomi with a logistic profile is a potentially good background.
- Interest in procurement, supply chain and the complexities of a global supply chain is key.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruiting Manager Helena Rydbeck, +46 10 732 2011, will answer your questions. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Carl-Fredrik Lindberg, +46 21 32 3223, Unionen: Mikael Fallgren, +46 21 32 9684, Ledarna: Mats Wahlund, +46 21 32 3948.
Positions are filled continuously. Apply with your CV, academic transcripts and a cover letter in English. Welcome to apply!