Thesis Work - Interaction Design for RobotStudio
Mölndal, Vaestra Goetaland C., Sweden
- Job type
- Diploma work
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are glad to offer a challenging and exciting master thesis project at ABB Robotics, a leading supplier of industrial robots and robot software. You will be part of the RobotStudio software team in Mölndal, where we work with the development of software tools for robot programming.
The task is to design and prototype of a web application which will enable users to create sales proposals and concepts in the early phases of a robot automation project. ABB RobotStudio is a desktop application used for modeling, simulation and offline programming of ABB robots.
This thesis is performed in collaboration with ABB which will provide industrial support and supervision. Thesis students will have access to workplaces at ABB in Mölndal.
• Period: January to May 2021
• Number of credits: 30 ECTS/högskolepoäng
• Number of students for this thesis work: 2
• Location: Performed partly on site
- Do user research to understand the end users and their needs.
- Optimize the user experience and usability.
- Validate and test the concept with users.
- Create a clickable prototype.
- Analyze and apply existing best practices for web design.
- The thesis may include literature study, user study, concept development, prototyping and evaluation.
- You will live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- We are looking for two ambitious and independent master thesis students in interaction design, product design or equivalent field of study.
- The students should have knowledge in areas such as human factors and ergonomics, user experience, usability and be familiar with human-centered design processes and methods. There will be a need to learn basic RobotStudio skills.
- The ability to visualize and prototype the user interface design is important for succeeding in this thesis work.
- The assignment should be carried out during the spring 2021, in the form of a master thesis.
- The work should preferably be done partly on site at our office in Mölndal and party at the university, as per agreement with the students.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruiting Manager Göran Holmqvist, +46 31 77 385 31. For specific questions concerning the topic of the thesis, please contact, email@example.com.
Positions are filled continuously. Apply with your CV, academic transcripts and a cover letter in English. Welcome to apply!