Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Process Industries (IAPI) is a division within ABB's Industrial Automation division that delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services to customers in Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement. The business’ added value is deep industry expertise coupled with the ability to integrate both electrical and automation, resulting in faster start-up times, increased plant productivity and reduced overall capex and opex spend for customers.
This role reports to Senior Business Controller for the Hub Division Northern Europe.
- Acting as Business Controller for IAPI Sweden’s local Division focusing on Product Group Hoisting which is operating globally and have large project deliveries around the world.
- Serving as the key partner for the Business Unit Manager, in determining business strategy in line with wider Division and Product Group strategies.
- Translating business strategy into plans and establishing measurable targets, evaluating the financial implications of various strategic decisions, identifying risks and recommending actions.
- Overseeing and taking active part in the business planning and forecasting process.
- Providing business intelligence in the form of pre-calculations to the front- end sales team.
- Establishing cost structures, productivity optimization and capital efficiency while closely monitoring cash flow and taking relevant actions to improve net working capital.
- Ensuring compliance with internal guidelines/procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Performing financial analysis, reporting to business managers and making suggestions to improve performance, where appropriate.
- Contributing to optimization of business KPIs by providing intelligent decision support.
- Establishing and overseeing the processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information, ensuring high quality information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
- Ensuring timely and efficient communication with relevant Local and Region Controllers, Accounting Center and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues, suggestions for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Preferably Master’s degree in Economics and several years’ experience from Controlling position.
- Commercial acumen and understanding about taxes, currency management, bank guarantees, payment securities, SOX and investments, is advantageous.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy, ability to multitask and an analytical mindset.
- Being flexible and pragmatic, able to convey different opinions without conflict.
- Proactive, result-oriented, looking for opportunities where others might see a problem.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are an analytical person who can grasp both the big picture as well as pay attention to details.
- You thrive in a collaborative high performing environment.
- You enjoy taking on new challenges and also to support your colleagues in the same.
- You might have experience from leading others in formal or informal roles.
- We value if you aspire to grow in leadership.
- Fluency in both Swedish and English, written and spoken alike, is a must as you will be working in an international organization.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
For further questions, please contact Recruiting Manager, Eero Rasanen, +46 21 32 45 98, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Mikael Blomqvist, +4621 43 21 48, Unionen: Krista Andersson, +21-34 02-85, Ledarna: Leif Öhrberg, +4621-34 23 25. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Therese Ideblad, +4690 17 68 04.
Is this the right role for you? Welcome to apply by January 14.
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.