Automation Commissioning Engineer
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Would you like to be part of an environment where world-leading technology in automation of container cranes is developed? At ABB we offer you the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology in an environment where we value our employees' development and prosperity.
You will be part of Marine and Ports in Västerås. ABB’s business for ports assists shipping companies to transfer containers in a reliable, quick and cost-efficient way. Ports is specialized in advanced automation and information systems for motion control of all types of container cranes. We are the leading supplier of crane systems and are active worldwide. In the large terminal automation projects we deliver electric and automation systems for 50 to 100 cranes, to the major container ports in the world.
- As Automation Commissioning Engineer you will have a central role in the projects as you will have the opportunity to be involved in the software design, inhouse testing and commissioning of our automation systems on site. The work will provide you with a broad technical understanding, experience of having customer contact and extensive travelling will give you the unique opportunity to work in a global environment.
- Your work tasks are varied and will run in close collaboration with all parts of ABB Crane Systems and with our customers. You will report and assist the Commissioning Manager, organize and manage ABB's activities related to testing and commissioning and assists in technical discussions with the client and the client’s consultants. By keeping yourself well informed and making sure that all changes are identified and communicated to the relevant parties, you assure that ABB’s commitments to the customer are met and in accordance with the contract.
- By combining design and commissioning you will get a great foundation that will give you excellent career opportunities in technology, project management or marketing and sales.
- You will live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- You have minimum a Bachelor´s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. English is required and general knowledge of Health and Safety as well as electrical safety is an advantage. It is also considered a plus if you have general knowledge of PLC programming or C/C++ and drives.
- As a person, you have the unique ability to work with troubleshooting in live stations, on project sites and under pressure, both in teams and individually. You work according to relevant legislations and standards but also in a pragmatic and smooth way to deliver results in a global environment.
- You consider yourself to be an excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills, as well as having an ability to coach others in the commissioning area.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruiting Manager, Imre Sjöberg, +46 21 32 36 31, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Mikael Blomqvist, +46 21 34 21 48, Unionen: Krista Andersson, +46 21 34 02 85, Ledarna: Leif Öhrberg, +46 21 34 23 25. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Andreas Christiansen, +46 733 51 27 46.
Please also note that the selection process is ongoing. The position can therefore be assigned before final application date which is December 20, 2020.