Software Development Engineer for Stressometer at Measurement and Analytics
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be a part of ABB Measurement and Analytics in Västerås, which is a business unit within the Industrial Automation division. We develop and provide a comprehensive range of measurement and analytics products designed to improve control, productivity and quality in a wide variety of processes and industries. Our unusual basic principles are well suited for harsh environments which has provided us with a long track record of satisfied customers. We are world leading within these business areas with a large market share over the world.
You will work with development of the software platform for the Stressometer, which is ABB’s market leading system for flatness measurement within the metals industry. The platform is especially designed to meet the very varying requirements from our customers, which places large requirements on high flexibility and a continuous need for new adaptions and improvements.
The major part of the current development is related to remote services where we are exploring machine learning for diagnostics and supervision through cloud connection and other methods. There is also a constant on-going improvement and enhancement of the advanced MIMO control of the system.
We are looking for you who are experienced in the field or newly graduated with a strong drive to develop within the field. This is the opportunity for you to take an important role to develop the next generation of our products.
The role is located in Västerås and you will be reporting to the R&D Manager for Controller Development.
- Take an important role in development of the next generation of creative technical products and software solutions as they are improved for future requirements.
- Be involved in the whole process, from ideas and specification to test including design, implementation and support to our customers.
- As programming languages we primarily use Java nd C#, but other languages are also being used.
- Obtaining deep insights into how our products are used and being able to influence and take responsibility in the development of our products.
- Measurement and Analytics provides a culture where sharing knowledge and helping each other comes natural and we are continuously striving to improve ourselves. Company operates in an international and innovative atmosphere with plenty of opportunities for personal development and contacts all over the globe.
- We have short decision paths and are not afraid to try new technology! For instance we are now using Microsoft Blazor for the Stressometer HMI.
- You will be living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics or equivalent.
- Experience in modern industrial software development.
- It is a strong bonus to have experience of the programming languages C++, C# and/or Java.
- Having experience and curiosity, you can apply theoretical knowledge to problem solving and turn that into customer benefits.
- You are a team player who takes responsibility of your work and is committed to company vision and agreed goals.
- As a person, you have a positive outlook and enjoy being a part of a team.
- Knowledge of both Swedish and English, is a requirement.
More about us
Christer Wallin, Recruiting Manager, +4621-34 24 98, will answer your questions on the position. Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Jan Onsten, +4621 34 21 18; Ledarna: Leif Öhrberg, +4621 34 23 25; Unionen: Krista Andersson, +4621 34 02 85. Any other questions can be directed to Recruitment Consultant Emelie Wijk, +46733-51 27 28.
Welcome to apply the latest by April 18th. Please note that selection is ongoing, and the position may be filled before last day of application.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.