Area Sales Manager
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will drive the sales performance of Control Room Solutions in Business Area Process Automation, participating in sales strategy discussions, assigning goals and negotiating sales budgets and marketing plans.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, you will assist and coach the European or North American sales teams to meet their targets and exceed customer expectations.
- Assisting the sales team and customers throughout the sales process, while developing business by increasing knowledge of products and markets
- Identifying customer needs and competitors’ offerings through market studies, ensuring that marketing is effective and that communications demonstrate the value proposition of products and services
- Aiding the area sales organization in determining the best solutions, and providing technical support, product presentations and training
- Performing sales performance reviews, proposing recovery plans for potential order shortfalls, and producing sales reports to assist in production planning
- Taking ownership of specific cases to ensure customer issues are resolved, and discovering the causes of lost proposals
- Promote and conduct Consultancy Selling activities.
- 3 years of experience in Business to Business Sales in the Process Industry market within a global Industry Solution provider.
- Knowledge of Distributed Control Systems or Operator Wellbeing a plus.
- Experience in business development, account management and cross-selling
- An understanding of contract negotiations, risk management, and commercial and legal terms
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills, negotiating skills, a customer-focused mindset, and a professional, “can-do” attitude
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Finance
- Fluent in Swedish and English. Other European language an advantage.
More about us
Recruiting Manager Patrik Sjooquist, +46 107 32 20 49, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Torbjörn U. Eriksson, +46 21 34 25 72, Unionen: Lennart Rixman, +46 21 32 52 25, Ledarna: Leif Öhrberg, +46 21 34 23 25. All other questions can be directed to Recruitment Consultant Linda Lundstedt, +46 722 05 65 54.
You are welcome to apply the latest by April 30. Please note that selection will be done on an ongoing basis and the position may be filled before last day of application.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.