Local Division Marketing and Communications Manager
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The role of the Local Division Marketing and Communication Manager for Process Industries division, is to develop and implement communications programs– including media communication, marketing communication, key messages, web content, and direct marketing – to educate and inform stakeholders, including customers, employees, national and local media, trade media and interest groups.
Reporting to the line manager in Sweden or Finland depending on your location, and a dotted line to Hub Marketing and Communications Manager for North Europe, you will ensure executional excellence for all communications measures in line with brand positioning, corporate identity/design guidelines and global strategy.
As part of this role, you will take ownership in creating marketing strategies that generate leads and gain market insights required to identify growth opportunities. You feed this information back to sales by taking initiative in working directly with the sales community.
- Implement the communications plan applying all effective media and supervising or managing production and supplier relations.
- Adapt and localize global content or create content when needed to support campaigns globally.
- Work closely with sales to develop sales enablement tools and activities appropriate for the local markets and channels.
- Create social posts and share the news through appropriate social media outlets.
- Use marketing automation tools to plan, implement and execute digital campaigns.
- Support key management with communications materials, including the briefing of materials, presentations, speeches, articles, and employee recognition.
- Manage contributions to key events such as trade exhibitions, develop and organize customer seminars and employee meetings.
- Support global and regional media efforts by translating and localizing press releases for the local media.
- Identify and highlight key wins, successes, case studies, and technology applications in region. Create stories around these compelling topics to support and drive market leadership.
- Own the budget for communication programs and ensure budget alignment with corporate and division communications at the local level.
- Use agreed metrics to show value creation and measure success.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3 years of industry experience in relevant marketing communication positions, including industry experience and project management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills, able to simplify complex technical contents into appealing marketing messages and contents.
- Fluent in Swedish and Finnish.
- Excellent English skills.
- Good understanding of market complexity, specifically the key industries critical to the success of Process Industries, is a plus.
- Desire to seek out new and innovative communication techniques, tools and approaches.
- Comfortable interacting with senior leaders as well as technical specialists.
- Expert story teller
- Experience in event management and social media marketing and channels.
- Familiar with SalesForce and marketing automation tools i.e. SalesForce Pardot, using the tool to plan, implement and execute campaigns.
- Proficiency with software used by marketing communication professionals such as Adobe suite, Photoshop, InDesign, CMS (content management systems such as Sitefinity).
More about us
Recruiting Manager Julia Nielsen, +4621-32-50-70, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives: Sveriges ingenjörer: Mikael Blomqvist, +4621-34 21 48, Ledarna: Leif Öhrberg, +4621-34 23 25, Unionen: Krista Andersson, +4621-34 02 85. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Therese Ideblad, +46 725 53 80 40.
Apply today and help us change together the course of an entire industry. Please note that the selection process is ongoing. The position can therefore be assigned before final application date which is April 14, 2021.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.