Global Category Leader Gears, Gearwheels & Pinions
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Robotics develops, manufactures and markets robots and associated control systems, software, arc welding products, tracks and motor packages. A clear focus on automated solutions helps manufacturers improve productivity, product quality and safety in the work environment through automation. The robots and robotics are sold via local ABB companies, as well as via independent systems integrators and OEM companies.
Reporting to the Drive Train Solution Manager, the main role in this position will be to develop, plan and implement the procurement and logistics strategy for an assigned category or group of categories, with the focus on optimizing costs, quality, delivery and reliability.
The position is preferably located in Shanghai (China) but the location could also be Västerås (Sweden).
- Identifying and qualifying new suppliers in cooperation with Supplier Quality and Engineering specialists.
- Negotiating agreements with main suppliers and periodically renewing pricelists, terms, and conditions.
- Adapting corporate contractual framework to the local business needs, recommending frame agreements to management, and executing upon approval.
- Analyzing and evaluating bids in order to determine the optimal value.
- Supporting bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information.
- Overseeing supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time and Speed of Resolution) and resolving performance issues.
- Local category team management, engaging purchaser, Supplier Quality and Advanced Supplier Quality in the category operations.
- Contributing to and participating in setting and implementing budget and targets within the framework, ensuring the Category sourcing performance targets are achieved.
- Living ABB’s core values, taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, major in Engineering or Mechanical is preferred
- Experience in a large manufacturing or multi-industry global organization
- Experience in a strategic sourcing role
- In depth understanding of purchasing tools and practices
- Working knowledge of SAP or other equivalent ERP systems
- Capability to interface with senior leadership across regions both internally & externally
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong costing and analytical skills
- Fluency in English, written and spoken alike
More about us
Recruiting Manager Omar Ceola, +41 7933 58 125, will answer your questions about the position.
Union representatives - Sveriges Ingenjörer: Nicolin Ahlqvist, +46 21 34 42 50, Unionen: Roger L. Gustavsson, +46 21 32 90 97, Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +46 21 32 85 47. All other questions can be directed to Recruiting Consultant Linda Lundstedt, +46 722 05 65 54.
Welcome to apply the latest by April 19, 2021. Please note that selection will be done on an ongoing basis and the position may be filled before last day of application. Apply today!
If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.