Mechanical Design and Calculation Engineer
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Robotics and Discrete Automation is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and automation. Our integrated automation solutions, our application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
You will be working with product improvements – making the robot design even more robust. You will work with mechanical design of the robot arms – working with product improvements on robot arms. You are expected to self-sufficiently manage tasks in structural design analysis (FEM), improve design solutions (3d-cad) and introduce the changes in the product structure (working in SAP LCM module). Your complete range of responsibility includes bearings, lubricants, motors and gears where experts will provide support for you.
In this assignment you’ll be reporting to the Manager of Mechanics in R&D.
- Perform and document Root Cause Analysis of reported product failures
- Perform dimensioning analysis of products in Siemens NX
- Improve the Mechanical Design of products in Solidworks
- Perform product structure updates in LCM module in SAP
- Support Project Manager with assigned tasks in the Global Product Improvement Team for Manipulators.
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience from using Lean Six Sigma Practices (such as DMAIC)
- Experience from Lean Six Sigma Practices (such as RCA methodology, DMAIC process)
- Experience from mechanical design of Robots
- Experience from the applied tool chain (specifically Siemens NX, Solidworks, SAP).
More about us
Recruiting Manager Klas Albertsson, +46 21 34 46 15, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives: Sveriges Ingenjörer: Nicolin Ahlqvist, +46 21 34 42 50; Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +46 21 32 85 47; Unionen: Krista Andersson, +46 21 34 02 85. All other questions can be directed to HR Business Partner Julia Kronman, +46 107 32 21 22.
Welcome to apply the latest by May 2, 2021. Please note that selection will be done on an ongoing basis and the position may be filled before last day of application.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.