Service Engineer – Electrification
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Medical insurance
- Parental leave
- Sick pay
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
From rapid response and performance improvement to operational efficiency and life-cycle management, Service is one of our fastest-growing areas.
ABB's Electrification business offers a wide-ranging portfolio of products, digital solutions and services, from substation to socket, enabling safe, smart and sustainable electrification. Offerings encompass digital and connected innovations for low- and medium-voltage, including EV infrastructure, solar inverters, modular substations, distribution automation, power protection, wiring accessories, switchgear, enclosures, cabling, sensing and control.
As a Service Engineer, you will be responsible to ensure the service portfolio is delivered effectively to meet customer needs and ABB standard processes and safety guidelines.Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Manager, you will act as the technical point person between customers and extended ABB teams.
- Providing on-site or remote technical support for installation and commissioning of equipment and routine maintenance independently, identifying technical problems and making analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories.
- Consulting with and advising customers on the best service solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs and providing specialist support and solutions.
- Coordinating and executing specialist projects through planning, meeting milestones, cost supervision, project reviews and project supervision.
- Identifying opportunities for the development of new service applications, equipment and methods.
- Preparing all required technical documents and reports for project contracts to be signed by the customer representative.
- Supervising project team and contractors at work site and monitoring their performance.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 years of experience as service engineer in Power Electronics, UPS, Power Conditioning equipment and/or VSD.
- Experience in project management is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP system and AutoCAD.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve technical issues.
- A collaborative, solution-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.