Sales Manager, Marine
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Medical insurance
- Parental leave
- Sick pay
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
Industrial Automation - The focus of this ABB business is to provide customers with products and solutions for instrumentation, automation and optimization of industrial processes. The industries served include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. Key customer benefits include improved asset productivity and energy savings.
You will drive the sales performance of marine new sales projects in Diesel Electrical Propulsion System and/or Automation System in South East Asia and ANZ. Reporting to the Head of Sales, you will lead and coach the local sales organization to meet ambitious targets and exceed customer expectations.
- • Defining and implementing effective sales and business-development initiatives in alignment with global strategy.
- • Work as Sales Manager for electrical propulsion system and/or automation system for marine and/or offshore new sales projects.
- • Pursue electrical propulsion system and/or automation system for different vessel types; prepare the bidding documentations in new sales project pursuing and bidding phase.
- • Identifying new business opportunities among current and prospective customers as well as clear strategies to convert them.
- • Coordinating the information flow around sales activities and providing forecasts, analysis and market intelligence to Marketing and Sales to ensure achievement of defined sales targets.
- • Establishing strong customer relationships and maintaining positive customer experience throughout the sales process, including post-sale.
- • Conducting contract risk assessments and working closely with relevant parties to mitigate risk.
- • Building a robust Sales organization, with HR support, through best practices, training and cross-collaboration.
- • Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- • B.Sc./M.Sc. preferred with marine and/or electrical
- • 10 years or more in marine and/or offshore sales, preferred with power and automation experience.
- • Knowledge of power and automation for Marine and/or Offshore industry, Experience for Marine and/or Offshore projects, Communication skills.
- • Experience in business development, account management and cross-selling across systems, solutions, products and service categories.
- • Understanding of contract negotiation, risk management and commercial and legal terms.
- • Exceptional communication and negotiating skills, customer-focused mindset and a professional, “can-do” attitude.
More about us
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.