Senior Project Engineer – DS (IAMP)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technology allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
The focus of this ABB business is to provide customers with products and solutions for instrumentation, automation and optimization of industrial processes. The industries served include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. Key customer benefits include improved asset productivity and energy savings.
You will be the Technical lead for the engineering activities in Marine Digital Solutions Projects in Singapore. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the activities related to Digital Solutions engineering within the marine projects allocated are efficiently and cost- effectively executed, in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
• Evaluate, select, and adapts standard techniques and procedures to perform tasks for Marine Digital Solutions Projects. Acts as a design authority for engineering deliverables in Digital Solutions Projects and provides technical support to commissioning and start-up activities.
• Provide technical inputs to Sales team & review Digital Systems technical proposals based on the requirements specified in customer specification.
• Support project manager in planning, purchase, organizing the hardware & Software FAT, issuing claims and delivery completion.
• Create work plan and cost estimates for Digital Solutions projects and proactively manage the work to deliver the agreed program on time, on quality and agreed cost.
• Support the Project Manager in overall project risk and opportunity assessments, and implementation of resulting actions.
• Act as the ABB technical lead for the marine Digital Solutions projects and work with customer to shape and deliver ABB solutions and actively seeking feedback with customer to drive and deliver improvements.
• Collaborate with Project Manager / Procurement team to ensure that the technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed with potential suppliers. Provides technical evaluation of supplier proposals.
• Collaborate within the engineering team, commissioning team and externally. Takes the product responsibility for the identified products & coordinate with global teams. Shares best practice across different projects for Marine Digital Solutions engineering.
• Ensure that engineering activities comply with required marine class society requirements, safety regulations and contractual requirements.
• Co-ordinate with the project team for successful completion of projects. Closely work with extended Engineering team & get the desired output.
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Electronics, Electrical, Automation or Marine Engineering.
• Minimum 6 - 8 years of relevant experience from design & engineering of Digital Solutions system for Marine/ offshore projects is desired.
• Knowledge on ABB PLC, 800XA System, various communication standards & protocols, S/W revision tracking tools, OPC & Network is desired.
• System knowledge on Power Management System, IAMCS, Gas & Cargo Management, RCS, DP systems is desired.
• Knowledge on Marine Systems, classification society requirement for automation system, commissioning & trouble shooting is desired.
• Knowledge on delivering integrated solution with Drives & power System protection relays.
• Knowledge on EPLAN, EBase, AutoCAD toolsStrong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
More about us
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.