Service / Senior Service Engineer (Oil & Gas)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
From rapid response and performance improvement to operational efficiency and life-cycle management, Service is one of our fastest-growing areas.
Execute Service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. Deliver quality customer service to satisfy customers. In close co-operation with customer and other ABB teams, take actions to identify new Service business opportunities for ABB.
As a Senior/Service Engineer, you will be responsible to provide technical support and solve problem
via remote or on-site service to meet or exceed customer expectation
Reporting to Field Service Manager (Industrial Automation Oil & Gas), your key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
• Provide technical support and solve problem via remote or on-site service to meet or exceed customer expectation accordance with ABB procedures and safety guidelines in any service category (commissioning, maintenance, upgrades
engineering, retrofits or advanced services).
• Proactively identifies potential failures and proactive corrective actions to avoid repeating failures in the future.
• Ensure customer needs are understood and effective service solutions utilized for Service growth.
• Execute service / upgrading project, configuration, testing, and commissioning and site acceptance test.
• Support sales in proposing cost effective and /or Innovative upgrading/ expansion project solutions.
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
• Bachelor degree or Diploma, in Engineering or IT with strong software knowledge and interest in Industrial Automation.
• Knowledge in Automation /Control system an added advantage, candidate with more than 5 years’ relevant experience may consider for senior position.
• Able to work independently and adapting to varying solution requirement with good communication skills.
• Support customer with good sense of urgency with ownership.
• Willing to travel, including offshore for service activities.
More about us
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.