Senior Project Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
The Oil, Gas and Chemicals business unit provides solutions across the entire hydrocarbon value chain, from exploration and production to supply, transport and distribution, as well as refining, chemicals and petrochemicals.
You will be the Project Engineering Lead supervising a team of remote resources and key design authority for Power Management related engineering projects in Oil, Gas & Chemicals business unit in Singapore. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery for multiple projects on time, within budget, and in line with contract specifications and relevant quality and safety guidelines.
• Coordinate engineering discipline across several projects and provides technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities.
• Project Engineering involvement through the entire System engineering life cycle from Project initiation to FAT, SAT and plant commissioning.
• Complete risk and opportunity assessments and ensure implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility; Reports gaps to the management along with recommendations for resolution.
• Creates work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility; Reviews and approves scope, budget and schedule for assignments and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost.
• Supporting Project managers with claims, customer specifications and safety standards as well as technical details, costs, and deliverables for sales proposals.
• Maintaining a strong network of engineering professionals, sharing engineering best practice across different projects and disciplines to support the development of junior colleagues.
• Interacts with customers, officials, contractors and others; Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
• Developing, selecting and applying standard techniques, procedures and tools, reporting inefficiencies and identifying improvement opportunities.
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
• A Bachelor degree in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering or similar field.
• More than 3 years’ experience in a control systems project engineering role, working with Power Management solutions for Chemical plants, FPSOs, Power plants and similar installations.
• Must be familiar with concepts of Generator Network Load Sharing, Generator Synchronization and Load Shedding principles.
• Familiarity with ABB PMS Library, or hands on working experience on ABB 800xA System will be an advantage.
• Sound knowledge of engineering techniques, processes and tools, including IEC61850 Communication and Goose Protocols.
• Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
• A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
• A collaborative approach to working, demonstrating strong communication and leadership skills.
More about us
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.