Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technology allow greater access to cleaner energy.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
ABB offers a full range of technologies across the electrical value chain from substation to the point of consumption, enabling safer more reliable power flow. A range of digital and connected innovations for low- and medium-voltage, including EV infrastructure, solar inverters, modular substations, distribution automation, power protection, wiring accessories, switchgear, enclosures, cabling, sensing and control.
As a Tendering Manager you will lead tendering team and provide winning support to sales for switchgear and packaging solutions for EPDS Singapore.
• Formulate bids that fully address customer needs and offering the most efficient and cost-effective solutions, in line with ABB policy.
• Ensuring the timely and accurate formulation of tender documents through coordination with relevant stakeholders.
• Managing all aspects of the bid — including technical, financial, product management and risk reviews, in line with ABB standards.
• Coordinating with Supply Chain to identify potential suppliers for equipment and materials, through regular analysis of customer needs and market trends.
• Contributing to an effective, positive customer relationship throughout the Sales process.
• Analyzing and reporting on tender outcomes and identifying areas for improvement to increase success.
• Identify potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in any related contract agreements across customers/channels.
• Ensures that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed; Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Establishes and maintains succession planning within tendering team.
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a reputed University
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the industry and with a minimum of 3 years in leading team and managing team successfully is a must.
• Industry knowledge in power distribution is pre-requisite with strong technical skills in power distribution field
• Strong interpersonal skills to engage and support various stakeholders
• Ability to lead and guide younger team members
• Able to work under demanding situations and deliver results
More about us
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.