Senior Application Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
Reporting to Regional Product Distribution Manager, the Senior Application Engineer is an integral member of the Regional Logistics Center as well as the global commerce applications team. The Applications Support Engineer/Analyst works closely with users across the Asia Pacific Region in ABB’s of commerce applications in the order fulfillment/logistic process. This role works in in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment, assisting in the timely resolution of issues, as well as implementing new applications and functionality.
• Provide assistance to the regional customer sales representatives, process owners (Super User) and other applications users in the areas of Troubleshooting and resolution of reported issues, tracking of the issues raised, train users in use of the applications, liaise with the users and application owners in sales unit and factories, to configure or enhance the application to support new business initiatives or requirements, system and account administration, occasional travel for meetings, training and projects.
• Assist the global support team in deployment of new functionality or applications upgrades.
• Work and coordinate with users in the conduct of user acceptance tests; resolution of issues with the global support team and application owners.
• Involve in the implementation projects within the Singapore, as well as process improvement projects, in the role of team member or project manager.
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
• Degree qualified, with at least 3 years of experience in similar role(s).
• Applicants with strong business and functional IT background and relevant experience will be considered favorably.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of logistic and order fulfillment business processes, experience in eCommerce will be a plus, as will experience in SAP SD/MM.
• Experienced in applications projects, process improvement, six sigma, excel macro etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Knowledge/ Aptitude for EDI interface messages between systems will be an advantage.
More about us
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.