Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
From rapid response and performance improvement to operational efficiency and life-cycle management, Service is one of our fastest-growing areas.
ABB offers a full range of technologies across the electrical value chain from substation to the point of consumption, enabling safer more reliable power flow. Digital and connected innovations to improve the reliability and efficiency for low- and medium-voltage electrical installations, including EV infrastructure, solar inverters, modular substations, distribution automation, switchgear, measuring and sensing devices, control products, including KNX systems designed to integrate and automate a building’s lighting, ventilation, heating, and security, wiring accessories, enclosures and cabling systems, data communication networks, and power protection.
You will be a part of the local management team, leading the Service organization for the Distribution Solutions business Line in Singapore. Reporting to the Local business unit manager, you will implement the Service strategy and drive Service growth locally, achieving targets and optimizing the utilization of service resources.
• Running the day to day Service business to ensure profitable growth and improvement of Service productivity by implementing agreed delivery and performance standards and ensuring consistency in quality and customer satisfaction.
• Driving the implementation of the Service strategy, ensuring that corresponding plans are implemented consistently in the Service organization through collaboration with other businesses.
• Setting and monitoring progress towards performance targets as part of the local unit – including financial, productivity, investments, customer satisfaction, operational excellence.
• Investing in the improvement of existing Service product quality, while suggesting developments in new Service products to expand the portfolio in line with global direction.
• Creating a culture where health, safety, and integrity is key to all Service work within the organization.
• Executes the global service and delivery sales channel strategy within the local unit, implementing productized Service offerings and materials for marketing purposes, and driving Service Sales to increase market penetration.
• Building sustainable customer relationships to ensure local client growth, satisfaction and retention together with Sales, and utilizing customer feedback to drive consistent development of processes and practices.
• Guiding, motivating, coaching and developing the skill, knowledge and competencies of the Service team.
• Collaborating with HR Management to ensure that the Service team is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
•Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a reputed University
• Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in the industry with minimum of 5-7 years in leading team and managing team successfully is a must. Industry knowledge in power distribution is pre-requisite.
•Technical skills in power distribution field preferred
•Strong interpersonal skills to engage and support various stakeholders
•Ability to lead and guide younger team members
•Able to work under demanding situations and deliver results
More about us
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.