Finance Specialist - Accounts Receivable (6-month contract)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function, which delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
You will be a vital member of the Accounts Receivable (AR) team within the Global Business Services (Finance), in Singapore. Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager, you will provide key support to ensure ABB’s commitments on Net Working Capital reductions and Cash Flow generation from earnings, by performing relevant Accounts Receivable and Collection tasks.
• Ensuring timely and accurate cash application and other Accounts Receivable related tasks according to the Service Level Agreement.
• Ensuring accurate and timely reporting; performing analysis of specific AR accounts on a regular basis; and taking appropriate action when necessary.
• Reviewing customer’s account and working closely with the team to determine the most effective collection approach.
• Making collection calls and/or corresponding according to the collection strategy.
• Acting as the bridge between the Business and the customer to identify and resolve issues.
• Ensuring application of and compliance to ABB Group Accounting standards and reporting guidelines, and local GAAP.
• Improving and taking ownership of the processes.
• Meeting commitments and delivering high quality services to all applicable stakeholders in line with agreed upon service level.
• Supporting and participating in safety, compliance, business ethics, Group Charter, communications and other related activities.
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
• Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience, preferably in Credit Management and Accounts Receivable.
• Accounting and basic system knowledge (preferably in SAP)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Good analytical skills with a focus on details.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
• Must be a team player and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
More about us
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.