Senior Project Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
ABB's Industrial Automation business offers a broad range of solutions for process and hybrid industries, including industry-specific integrated automation, electrification and digital solutions, control technologies, software and advanced services, as well as measurement & analytics, and marine and turbocharging offerings. Industrial Automation is #2 in the market globally. Working closely with customers, ABB's Industrial Automation business is writing the future of safe and smart operations.
You will be the technical lead for the engineering activities in Marine and Ports Electrical Solutions (ES) Projects in Singapore. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible to efficiently and cost- effectively execute projects, in accordance with contract specification, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Providing technical inputs to sales team & review Electrical Systems technical proposals based on the requirements specified in customer specification.
- Supporting the project manager in planning, purchase, organizing the FAT at various factories, issuing claims (cost impact and time impact for new work scope / change request) & delivery completion.
- Defining project tasks and ensuring allocation of these tasks among project team members. Creates work plan and cost estimates for Electrical Solutions projects and proactively manage the work to deliver the agreed program on time, on quality and agreed cost.
- Evaluating the risk and opportunities management for the Electrical Solutions projects, Supports the Project Manager in overall project risk and opportunity assessments, and implementation of resulting actions.
- Acting as the ABB technical lead for the Marine and Ports Electrical Solutions projects, Works with customer to shape and deliver ABB solutions and actively seeking feedback with customer to drive and deliver improvements.
- Collaborating with Project Manager / Procurement team to ensure that the technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed with potential suppliers.
- Collaborating with the engineering team, commissioning team externally and takes the product responsibility for the identified products and coordinate with global teams.Sharing the best practice across different projects for Marine & Ports Electrical Solutions engineering.
- Following the standard processes, tools and techniques for marine Electrical Solutions Projects and provide inputs for improving the tools and ensure that engineering activities comply with required marine class society requirements, safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree / master’s in Electrical engineering.
- More than 6-8 years’ experience in design and engineering of Electrical System Solutions for Marine/offshore & Port Electrification projects is desired.
- Engineering knowledge on MV & LV Switchgear, Protection Relay selection & programming using PCM600 tool, Generators, Transformers, Motors, NER, AC/DC UPS, Harmonic filters, Next Gen Power System, Drives, Port electrification is desired.
- Knowledge on Power system analysis & relay coordination using SKM / eTAP, MATLAB, AutoCAD, ePLAN tools desired.
- Knowledge on Marine Systems, classification society requirement for Power system, International standards, equipment’s FAT, commissioning & trouble shooting is desired.
- Knowledge on delivering integrated solution with Drives & Digital solution system.
- A collaborative approach to working, demonstrating strong communication and leadership skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.