Senior Procurement Specialist (On Contract)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our 3,000-plus Procurement & Logistics employees work in more than 100 countries to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
You will lead a team of Procurement & Logistics specialists within the Energy Industries Business Line in Singapore. Reporting to the Procurement and Logistics Manager, you will drive excellence in the execution of purchasing and logistics strategies that support the business by optimizing costs, quality and reliability of suppliers and supplied products.
- Collaborating with proposal, project, and category teams to determine necessary items for procurement during the project. Develops schedules, estimates, forecasts, and budgets for submission to the Supply Management department.
- Aligning project supply chain activities with Procurement & Logistics organization’s sourcing strategies and approved vendor list. Escalates exceptions to ensure best cost, quality, sustainability and delivery performance. Ensures alignment between local PL activities and the PL centers.
- Managing relationships with suppliers (including negotiations, frame agreements and purchase orders) in partnership with regional and Global Category Management teams.
- Applying project procurement procedures and plans and ensures appropriate implementation and compliance by the procurement team.
- Monitoring the project procurement status and updates ABB project management and Procurement & Logistics of any issues. Pro-actively works to resolve issues related to procurement cost, quality and delivery.
- Documenting general and special conditions for use on all project purchase documents, project procurement procedures, and project procurement plans and ensures compliance.
- Collaborating with project team to identify new suppliers and supplier changes and ensures customer approval for project supplier list.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain
- More than 8 years of experience in oil and gas industry, working as Senior Project Procurement Specialist in Electrical and Automation category.
- Demonstrated experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Knowledge of SAP.
- Experience in conduct audit at supplier premises for vendor qualification purpose
- Good contract negotiation Skills. Able to negotiate with supplier for back to back flow down from customer contract to reduce project risk.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.