Project Engineer - Process Automation
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Medical insurance
- Parental leave
- Sick pay
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps
our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our
market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable
operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and
innovative digital leadership.
You will be the technical lead and design authority for all engineering activities related to ABB’s Data
Center Automation teams engineering projects in Industrial Automation, Singapore. Reporting to the
Project Operations Manager, you will ensure that engineering activities are efficiently and
cost-effectively executed in accordance with customer expectations, contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Ensuring that engineering is developed with complete information and that all multidisciplinary information has been included in the engineering development.
- Collaborating with the project installation, commissioning and site activities clarifying potential issues or providing solutions to correct engineering errors and also take part during the commissioning and start-up activities.
- Acting as overall technical lead for the engineering disciplines included in the project. Actively develops and coaches the Project Engineering team and colleagues, supporting with technical advice and guidance.
- Cultivating a network of engineering professionals both within and outside own business unit and shares best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- Providing technical support and solves problems in own expertise area via remote or on-site 24x7 service in any Service category; Manages customer relationships and maintains regular contacts with key customers.
- Identifying new sales opportunities, proactively communicating both with the customer and ABB sales teams to ensure customer needs are understood and business opportunities utilized for Service growth. Conducts specialist support and advisory service for Sales team.
- Preparing all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reports work done in a timely manner and follows up when needed.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Degree in Engineering with experience in automation systems.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in project engineering of Control Systems/ Process Automation of Industrial Projects/ Data
- Center projects would be an added advantage
- Computer literacy and competency Microsoft office tools.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.