Lead Project Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Medical insurance
- Parental leave
- Sick pay
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
You will be the technical lead supervising a team of remote resources and key design authority for all Engineering activities related to diverse Oil, Gas & Chemicals Systems projects in Energy Industries, Singapore. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will drive excellence by ensuring that Engineering activities are efficiently and cost-effectively executed in accordance with customer expectations, contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Project Engineering Ownership through the entire System engineering life cycle from Project initiation to FAT, SAT and plant commissioning.
- Working closely with customers to shape and deliver solutions and utilizing feedback to drive the delivery of innovative improvements and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Leading and coordinating Engineering teams across various disciplines on projects of medium complexity, sharing technical knowledge and best practices.
- Preparing project engineering proposals, coordinating documents and engineering estimates and performing related Engineering risk analysis.
- Supporting Project Managers in issuing claims related to changes in project scope, including assessing cost and time impacts as well as risk quantifications.
- Resolving complex technical issues both remotely and on domestic and international customer sites.
- Travelling is required during site commissioning and durations may be up to 2 months, depending on Job requirements.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking ownership and responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in Control Systems Engineering or similar field.
- More than seven years of experience in Chemicals or Oil & Gas industries, working as Lead Project Engineer role with DCS and Safety Systems.
- Sound knowledge of engineering techniques, processes and tools, including Distributed Control systems (DCS), Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS).
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach.
- Singaporean and Singapore Permanent Residents s will be preferred.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.